From: Linda (LRuthers)

Date: 4/10/15

     These dolls are inexpensive and easy to make.  

00 photo 026 625x1000_zpsgdllwgwy.jpg

01 photo 001 843x1000_zpsdwc3u28a.jpg

     The shoes are made for 18" Madame Alexander dolls. I found these on ebay.  

02 photo 003 1000x750_zps2gh5g3dq.jpg

     7/8ths inch dowel rods cut in 3" sections and painted pink.  

03 photo 004 1000x802_zpsh34m8yuz.jpg

     I made good use of the glue gun today. 

04 photo 013 1000x957_zpsghznc7qv.jpg

     There are many ways to do this. I glued beads on the parachute cord to space the pots for the arms and legs. Working with the hot glue gun on Non-Stick aluminum foil helped. 

05 photo 006 1000x750_zpsfa7pjoki.jpg

    I also glued each bead in place as I worked. 

06 photo 012 1000x750_zpsjadphmfn.jpg

     I measured an inch from the previous pot and marked the cord to glue the next bead. 

07 photo 009 1000x820_zpsxtwqs7tp.jpg

08 photo 011 1000x750_zpstwjl8mpb.jpg

     My plan to run the cords through the opening in the pot went awry when I discovered I had oh so efficiently glued the saucer to the bottom of the pot. Dave helped me drill holes in the side of the pot instead. 

08 photo 005 1000x750_zpsxlrr52gz.jpg

     I positioned the cords to have the arms and legs hang like I wanted...

09 photo 015 743x1000_zpsqpbpp8nr.jpg

     Then I glued and positioned and glued everything within an inch of its life. 

09.5 photo 014 1000x750_zpsqvxlnpbi.jpg

10 photo 016 1000x750_zpsuspoqcii.jpg

11 photo 018 1000x750_zps8zfikx3o.jpg

13 photo 025 1000x750_zpsjvmq5jvn.jpg

     Before I think about leaving her out in the weather, I'll seal her well with polyurethane spray...if I put her out in all sorts of weather. 

photo 027 707x1000_zpsue8tytkn.jpg

Print  Close Window