Sun and Moon Events
- Full Moon Cancer, Supermoon. The first of two full supermoons for 2018.
- Earth at Perihelion - the closest point to the Sun in its yearly orbit.
- Full Moon Leo, Supermoon, Blue Moon/2nd Full Moon in January, Total Lunar Eclipse. This is the last full supermoon for 2018. The eclipse will be visible throughout most of western North America, eastern Asia, Australia, and the Pacific Ocean.
February is a Black Moon month
. There is no Full Moon in February 2018.
Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday)
- New Moon Aquarius, Partial Solar Eclipse, Chinese New Year of the Dog. The partial eclipse will be visible in portions of Chile, Argentina, and Antarctica. Because of the time of the New Moon, the Asian communities may celebrate the day on February 16.
- March/Aries Equinox
- Full Moon Libra, Blue Moon/2nd Full Moon in March. This is a rare second full moon in the same month that is particularly unique in that January and March both contain two full moons while February has no full moon.
- June/Cancer Solstice
- Earth at Aphelion - the furthest point from the Sun in its yearly orbit.
- New Moon Capricorn, SuperMoon, Partial Solar Eclipse. The first of two new supermoons for 2018. The partial eclipse will only be seen from extreme southern portions of Australia and Antarctica.
- Full Moon Aquarius, Total Lunar Eclipse. The eclipse will be visible throughout most of Europe, Africa, western and central Asia, the Indian Ocean, and Western Australia.
- New Moon Leo, SuperMoon, Partial Solar Eclipse. The last new supermoon for 2018. This partial eclipse will be visible in parts of northeast Canada, Greenland, extreme northern Europe, and northern and eastern Asia. The best view will be in portions of northern Russia with a maximum of 68% coverage.
- September/Libra Equinox
- Harvest Full Moon Aries
- December/Capricorn Solstice
Major Planets - Retrograde Motion
Mar 23, 2018
00:19 Aries Stations for Retrograde Motion
Apr 15, 2018
09:21 Aries Stations for Direct Motion
Jun 26, 2018
21:05 Aquarius Stations for Retrograde Motion
Jul 26, 2018
05:02 Leo Stations for Retrograde Motion
Aug 19, 2018
04:25 Leo Stations for Direct Motion
Aug 13, 2018
02:14 Retrogrades back into Capricorn
Aug 27, 2018
14:05 Capricorn Stations for Direct Motion
Oct 05, 2018
19:04 Scorpio Stations for Retrograde Motion
Oct 31, 2018
19:46 Retrogrades back into Libra
Nov 16, 2018
10:51 Libra Stations for Direct Motion
Nov 17, 2018
01:33 Sagittarius Stations for Retrograde Motion
Dec 06, 2018
21:21 Scorpio Stations for Direct Motion
Outer Planets Ingress
Apr 17, 2018
08:07 Ingress into Aries
May 15, 2018
15:16 Ingress into Taurus
Sep 25, 2018
00:13 Retrogrades back into Pisces
Nov 08, 2018
12:38 Ingress into Sagittarius
Out of Bounds Declination Transits 2018
12/22/17 - 01/05/18
03/17/18 - 4/07/18
05/23/18 - 06/08/18
06/18/18 - 06/21/18
07/08/18 - 09/25/18
11/02/18 - 11/20/18